The results are finally in from a small UX experiment we did for a neighboring company. They challenged us to improve their conversions by only making changes to one page of their site (due to resource availability & other project running in tandem) – so we did. We were able to increase the number of people clicking the "applying for jobs" button(s) by 4%. Based on their site traffic, that gets them 8000 more applications per month.
Here’s a peek at the before and after:
The biggest changes involved reprioritizing content to better match the users' needs & expectations vs. the company's categorization of the job. It'll be exciting to see how much improvement they see with a few more upgrades.